Dear friends and neighbors,
There will be plenty of music, movies, dancing and much more in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District this weekend. So get out and enjoy what will be a spectacular weekend.
Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Westchester County Mobile Passport Office will be in Scarsdale’s Boniface Circle from 11 a.m.-2 m. Visit www.westchesterclerk.com/passports for more information.
- The Westchester Chess Club will meet at The Trinity Lutheran Church (25 Crane Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. Visit westchesterchessclub.com for more information.
- The Westchester Band, under the direction of Alan Hollander, will continue to celebrate its 48th season with a concert in Chase Park (32 Chase Road, Scarsdale) at 8 p.m. Visit westchesterband.org for more information.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. The Richie G. Group will perform jazz and salsa standards. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The Waffle Stompers will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- Cellist Ani Kalayjian and violinist Suliman Tekali will perform together at The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) at 7 p.m. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Play Group Theatre (One North Broadway, White Plains) will present “Once Upon A Mattress”, a fun re-telling of the story about The Princess and the Pea, at 7 p.m. Visit playgroup.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Library (201 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will continue its Thursday Matinee Movie program with a 1:30 p.m. showing of “Romancing the Stone” with Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- The Eastchester Library (11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester) will continue its Family Movie Program with a 2 p.m. showing of Beauty and the Beast. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will host Friday Night Live at the Hudson Park Bandshell (2-54 Wildcliff Road, New Rochelle) at 7:30 p.m. Ivan Polanco and the Jacob Harfelick Groove are scheduled to perform. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The Rocky Middleton Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) at 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville), along with Rainbow Division Productions, Post 2285 and Legio Post 979, will host a National Kick-off Promotional WWI television miniseries and cocktail reception for the Campaign of Remembrance, Respect and Gratitude. Visit bronxvillewomensclubinc.org for more information.
- St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host “Doughboys: Americans in the Great War” at 1 p.m. It’s part of a program celebrating the centennial of America’s entrance into World War I. Visit www.nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- GirlAgain (4 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host “An American Girl Spa Day” at 11 a.m. Learn all the best methods for keeping your American Girl dolls in tip-top shape. Visit girlagain.com for more information.
- The Music Conservatory of Westchester (216 Central Avenue, White Plains) will hold an open house from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit musicconservatory.org for more information.
- The Lincoln Park Community Garden (Lincoln Avenue, New Rochelle) will host Yoga in the Garden with Yogi Ashley at 10 a.m. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The White Plains Library (100 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host the Music Conservatory of Westchester Children’s Suzuki Concert at 2 p.m. The Suzuki method teaches that all children are born with innate musical ability, and that they learn music the way they learn to speak their native language – through listening, imitation, and repetition. Visit whiteplainslibrary.org for more information.
- The Calpulli Mexican Dance Company will join students from the New Rochelle Public Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) Summer Mexican Dance Classes to give a 1 p.m. performance in Ruby Dee Park on the library green. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) at 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Rotary Club of the Pelhams will host a free CPR training class at Kinetics Sports Club (872 Pelham Parkway, Pelham Manor) from 1-4 p.m. Call 914-490-2002 for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host a Sunday Jazz Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Gardella and Multicultural Festival at Gardella Park on Ferris Avenue throughout the afternoon and evening. There will be entertainment, live music, food, activities for children concluding with championship basketball games for the City’s high school and adult leagues. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.