Dear friends and neighbors,
The last weekend of July is upon us so it sure seems like the summer is going by too fast. Take some time, though, to slow things down this weekend and enjoy everything the cities, towns and villages in the 88th Assembly District have to offer. There’s a big sidewalk sale in Scarsdale, plenty of great music and several wonderful movies to enjoy with the whole family.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The band Back to the Garden will perform at noon in Renaissance Park (Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street, White Plains) as part of the city’s Noon Day Concert series. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will continue its “Pop-Up Performances” at the New Rochelle Train Station from 5:30-7 p.m. The concerts will run every Thursday through Aug. 25. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- The Westchester Band, under the direction of Allan Hollander, will perform at Chase Park in Scarsdale at 8 p.m. The concert will be held at Scarsdale High School in case of rain. Visit scarsdale.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle BID Music on the Green Series will host Eli Fountain with Baba Don and Equinox at Ruby Dee Park on the New Rochelle Library Green (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) at 7 p.m. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host Ms. Liz Variety as part of its Neighborhood Nights series at Chatterton Park (Chatterton Avenue and Harmon Street, White Plains) at 7 p.m. The Petting Zoo and Shaun the Sheep will also be on hand. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host a free outdoor movie night at Turnure Park (26 Lake Street, White Plains). This week’s movie, which begins at 7 p.m., is The Good Dinosaur. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “After Work Meet and Mingle” from 7-10 p.m. There will be drinks, music and no cover charge. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The annual Scarsdale Sidewalk Sale will kick off at 10 a.m. on Thursday in the heart of the Village. The sale will run for three days from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Visit scarsdalechamber.org for more information and for a listing
of stores that will participate in the sale.
- The Junior League of Central Westchester is hosting its Summer Social “Let’s Flamingle” from 7:30-9:30 p.m. The party is at a private home and is by invitation only. Call 914-723-6130 for more information.
- The Wings of Hope, hosted by the Justin Samela Miceli Foundation, will take place at from 7-11 p.m. at Beckwith Point (700 Davenport Avenue, New Rochelle). The foundation provides support to young people who exemplify who Justin was and what he believed in. Visit justinswingsofhope.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down To Earth Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Huguenot Park/Twin Lakes. Visit http://tinyurl.com/jsbomn4 for more information.
- The Eastchester Youth Council Summer Theatre will present its 32nd annual production of Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Eastchester High School auditorium. This year’s production is the classic musical “
Grease”. All seats are reserved. Call 914-760-2517 for more information or reservations.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “In The Heights, A New Musical” about a community in the Manhattan neighborhood of Washington Heights. Show times are 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The Generoso Pope Foundation (24 Depot Square, Tuckahoe) will continue its Summer Movie Series with a showing of Monster’s Inc. at 8:30 p.m. Visit gpfny.org for more information.
- The Rocky Middleton Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Downtown BID Grand Market will take place from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the New Rochelle Library Green. Visit newrochellegrandmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue, Bronxville. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Ecuadorian Festival will take place at the Westchester County Center in White Plains beginning at 6 p.m. Call 914-995-4050 for more information.
- The Westchester County Mobile Shredder will be in Tuckahoe at the Lake Avenue/Main Street commuter lot from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Residents can bring up to four file-size boxes of confidential papers to be shredded. Visit http://tinyurl.com/h5he2za or call (914) 813-5425 for more information or to learn about early closure or cancellation.
- The Songs for Seeds, in conjunction with the Scarsdale Recreation Department, will celebrate its one-year anniversary with a concert in Chase Park (32 Chase Road, Scarsdale) at 11 a.m. Songs for Seeds is a local children’s music program. Visit songsforseeds.com/ny/scarsdale/partners for more information.
- Gentle Ben’s Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The City of New Rochelle’s Lighted Boat Parade will take place at 8:30 p.m. Lighted boats will parade through New Rochelle Harbor from Hudson Park to Neptune Park. Visit newrochelleny.com or call 914-235-6930 for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Depot Square, Tuckahoe. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “The House”, a teen coffee house, from 5-7:30 p.m. It’s an open-mic experience for people under 25. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.