Dear friends and neighbors,
The summer is inching closer to an end but there is still plenty of time to enjoy all that the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District have to offer. There are concerts, shows and parties highlighting what should be a wonderful weekend.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Westchester Chess Club will meet at The Trinity Lutheran Church (25 Crane Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. Visit westchesterchessclub.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. Herve Alexander will perform jazz and salsa standards. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Summer Street Concert Series returns with a 6:30 p.m. concert on Park Place. Visit bronxvillechamber.org for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The Gotham Kings will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Picture House (175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) will have a special screening of “Falsettos Live From Lincoln Center” at 7:30 p.m. It’s a comedy about a gay man, his wife, his lover and his soon to be bar-mitzvahed son. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The Play Group Theatre (One North Broadway, White Plains) will present “Once Upon A Mattress”, a fun re-telling of the story about The Princess and the Pea, at 7 p.m. Visit playgroup.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The Westchester Reform Temple (255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) will hold a “Civil Service Gratitude Shabbat Service” at 6:15 p.m. as a way of thanking local civil service men and women for the work they do and the protection they provide our community. Visit wrtemple.org for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “Xanadu, Jr.” as part of the WPPAC Summer Theatre Academy Program. There will be performances on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The East Coast National Baseball Card Show will return to the Westchester County Center in White Plains. The show will run on Friday (Noon-8 p.m.), Saturday (9 a.m.-6 p.m.) and Sunday (9 a.m.-4 p.m.). Visit nyshows.org for more information.
- The City of New Rochelle will be hosting a special birthday party for all city residents who are older than 90 years old. The celebration will take place at The Hugh Doyle Center (94 Davis Avenue, New Rochelle) at 11:30 p.m. There will be birthday cake and much more. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Lincoln Park Community Garden (Lincoln Avenue, New Rochelle) will host Yoga in the Garden with Yogi Ashley at 10 a.m. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The Peter Hand Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Library (201 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host “Introduction to Yoga” at 10 a.m. Damien Germino will provide basic yoga lessons. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will present “French New World”, a presentation by SUNY Purchase’s Prof. Laura Chmielewski surrounding the confluence of the French and British empires in North America, at 1 p.m. Visit www.nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The Pelham Art Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham) will host an “Introduction to Chinese Brush Painting” from 2-5 p.m. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host a Sunday Jazz Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The 43rd annual Westchester Jewish Music and Arts Festival will take place at the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla from noon-6 p.m. There will be music, food and much more. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.