Dear Friends and Neighbors,
If you like good music, interesting historical tours and a wonderful group of farmer’s markets then the 88th Assembly District is the place to be this weekend. Our cities, towns and villages have everything you need to enjoy your weekend and beat the summer heat.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will continue its “Pop-Up Performances” at the New Rochelle Train Station from 5:30-7 p.m. The concerts will run every Thursday through Aug. 25. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- 24 Seven will perform at noon in Renaissance Park (Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street, White Plains) as part of the city’s Noon Day Concert series. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle BID Music on the Green Series will host Los Hacheros at Ruby Dee Park on the New Rochelle Library Green (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) at 7 p.m. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Play Group Theatre (One North Broadway, White Plains) will present “All Shook Up”, the story of a young girl and an Elvis Presley type in a scenario right out of Shakespeare’s “A Twelfth Night”, at 7 p.m. Visit playgroup.org for more information.
- The White Plains Library (100 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host an Adult Summer Reading Program Party from 4-6 p.m. where participants can discuss their summer readings. Visit whiteplainslibrary.org for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “Funky Fridays” from 7-11 p.m. It’s Westchester’s premier after-work mixer. Visit com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down To Earth Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Huguenot Park/Twin Lakes. Visit http://tinyurl.com/jsbomn4 for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host “Music on the Patio” from 7-9 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Downtown BID Grand Market will take place from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the New Rochelle Library Green. Visit newrochellegrandmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue, Bronxville. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s National Historic Site (897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host Michael Kahn of the Yorktown Historical Society to discuss the Battle of Yorktown and the Revolutionary War. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will “A Mansion and Cottage Trolley Tour” from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. The tour includes stops at Wave Hill, Van Cortlandt House and the Edgar Allen Poe Cottage. It also includes lunch on Arthur Avenue. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will be performing at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Depot Square, Tuckahoe. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “The House”, a teen coffee house, from 5-7:30 p.m. It’s an open-mic experience for people under 25. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.