Dear friends and neighbors,
We kick off the holiday season this week with Thanksgiving. I hope everyone enjoys celebrating this uniquely American holiday with family and friends.
After the holiday, be sure to enjoy the sights and sounds of the 88th Assembly District. Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place. Remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Reformed Church of Bronxville (180 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 11:30 a.m. in Congregational Hall. All are welcome and volunteers are needed. Visit reformedchurch.org for more information.
- The 5K New Rochelle Thanksgiving Day Run/Walk will kick off at 8:45 a.m. on Hamilton Avenue. Visit newroturkeytrot.com for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “Junie B. in Jingle Bells, Santa Smells”. Performances are at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center will also present “Made in Puerto Rico”, a comedy written, directed and performed by Elizardi Castro, at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The Thanksgiving Baseball Card Show will take place at The Westchester County Center in White Plains from 1-7 p.m. The show will also run on Saturday (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m.-4 p.m.). Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Victor LaGamma Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Department of Public Works (15 Marble Road, Tuckahoe) will host “Get Acquainted With Your DPW Day” from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. There will be demonstrations, environmental programs and more. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- John James and Laura Merrill will perform at Growlers Beer Bistro (25 Main Street, Tuckahoe) at 9:30 p.m. Visit growlersbeerbistro.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Center in White Plains will host Irish Heritage Day 2017 from 2-8 p.m. There will be music, food, drinks, entertainment and more. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- Saturday is Small Business Saturday. Remember to visit all the local shops in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District. There will be free parking all day in White Plains. Visit https://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-initiatives/small-business-saturday for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Pelham Civic Association will host the Pelham Half Marathon and 10K. The start and finish line is on Harmon Avenue in front of the gazebo. Check-in starts at 6 a.m. Visit pelhamhalf.com for more information.
- Butterflies From Jodie will host its 17th annual cocktail party benefitting the Jodie Torigian Charitable Fund at Wykagyl Country Club (1195 North Avenue, New Rochelle) from 8 p.m.-midnight. Visit butterfliesfromjodie.org for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square from 10 a.m. – 4p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The New York Metro Reptile Expo will take place at The Westchester County Center in White Plains from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit reptileexpo.com for more information.
- New Rochelle city historian Barbara Davis will present an overview of New Rochelle’s history at the New Rochelle Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) from 3-4 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- Lecturer Richard Knox will host “The Great American Songbook Part II” at the Eastchester Library (11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester) at 1:30 p.m. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.