Dear friends and neighbors,
Election Day is behind us and we can all exhale and relax. The best way to do that is by planning your weekend around all the great things that are happening in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District.
- The Picture House (175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) will have a special screening of “Theo Who Lived” followed by a Q & A. The film chronicles the story of Theo Padnos, a journalist who snuck into Syria and was captured and tortured by Al Qaeda. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The NYP/Lawrence Hospital will provide free seasonal flu shots at The Bronxville Reformed Church (180 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) from 10 a.m.- 1p.m. Visit bronxvillechamber.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Library (201 Pondfield Road) will host a seminar on health, wealth and retirement from 7-8 p.m. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- The Temple Israel Center of White Plains (280 Old Mamaroneck Road, White Plains) will host The Westchester Great Big Challah Bake as part of The JCC of Mid-Westchester’s Shabbat Project. Registration begins at 7 p.m. and the event starts immediately thereafter. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The JCC of Mid-Westchester (999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale) will present “Contemporary International Cinema – A Look at Food & Family in Comedies and Dramas” at 10:30 a.m. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The Rocky Middleton Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Picture House (175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) will kick off its month-long music and movie series with a 7:30 p.m. showing of the Ron Howard Beatles documentary “The Beatles – Eight Days A Week – A Touring Documentary”. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host “A Salute To Veterans” from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Come and meet a veteran. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “High School Musical” at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. There will also be a 2 p.m. performance in Sunday. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The City of New Rochelle will host a Veteran’s Day Ceremony at 10:30 a.m. in Memorial Plaza. Visit cityofnewrochelle.com for more information.
- The Junior League of Central Westchester will host their annual Lord & Taylor Shopping Event (Vernon Hills Shopping Center, Eastchester) from 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. Purchase tickets at Wayside Cottage (1039 Post Road, Scarsdale). Visit jlcentralwestchester.org for more information.
- The Westchester Reform Temple (255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) Chai Society Dinner and Chabat Service will take place beginning at 6 p.m. Visit wrtemple.org for more information.
- The City of White Plains will hold a ceremony honoring veterans at the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in White Plains Rural Cemetery (167 North Broadway, White Plains) at 10:30 a.m. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Downtown BID Grand Market will take place from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the New Rochelle Library Green. Visit newrochellegrandmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue, Bronxville. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The 2016 Westchester Polar Plunge will take place at noon at Glen Island Park (1 Weyman Avenue, New Rochelle). Registration begins at 10 a.m. Help raise money for The Special Olympics. Visit kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1159351 for more information.
- The American Veterans Ball will take place at The Greentree Country Club (538 Davenport Avenue, New Rochelle) at 7 p.m. Visit americanveteransball.org/avb2016-new-york/ for more information.
- The Family Christian Center (592 Main Street, New Rochelle) will host their Women of Integrity Meeting from 10 a.m.- 1p.m. Visit fccnr.com for more information.
- There will be a Mulch Mowing Demo and Q&A at Eastchester Town Hall (40 Mill Road, Eastchester) at 4 p.m. The presentation is open to residents and landscapers throughout the county. Contact Anne Jaffe Holmes at the Greenburgh Nature Center at 914-813-1251 for more information.
- International violinist David Podles will perform at The Bronxville Library (201 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) at 3 p.m., performing selections that will highlight the gypsy campgrounds of Romania, Russia, Poland, Latvia, India, Spain, and the former Yugoslavia. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- The Northeast Etsy Artists Association Pop Up Market will host a pop-up Artisan Market at West Elm (678 Post Road, Scarsdale) from noon- 4p.m. where local artisans will feature their handcrafted goods. Visit northeastetsyartists.org for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Depot Square, Tuckahoe. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “Sunday Jazz Brunch” beginning at 11:30 a.m. There will be live music and an extensive menu. The House Coffeehouse, an open mic event for performers under the age of 21, will take place from 6-8 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) B2B, The Bartow to Bartow Challenge, a 5K run/walk along the Hutchinson River Greenway, beginning at 11 a.m. Visit barowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) will host “A Celebration of Diwali”, the Hindu Festival of Lights, at 2 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- St. John’s Wilmot Church (11 Wilmot Road, New Rochelle) will host a Coffee Hour “Brown Bag Lunch Preparation” at noon. Make sandwiches for Trinity-St. Paul’s Brown Bag Lunch Program, which will be delivered the next morning for distribution. Visit www.stjohnswilmot.com for more information.
- The Walkabout Coffee House Music Series will continue at the Memorial United Methodist Church (250 Bryant Avenue, White Plains) with performances by Sara Thomsen and Omnia Hegazy at 6:45 p.m. Visit walkaboutclearwater.org for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School will honor its former executive director Joan Behrens with a 4:30 p.m. concert in honor of her retirement at the Westchester Reform Temple (255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale). Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The Citizen Preparedness Corps of the State of New York will host a preparedness workshop at the New Rochelle Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) at 3 p.m. The workshop will center of preparing for disasters and other emergencies, natural or manmade. The National Guard will be running the event. Visit dhses.ny.gov/aware-prepare/ for more information.
- REBEL Ensemble for Baroque Music will present “Musick From The Fairest Isle” at 5 p.m. at The Grace Episcopal Church (33 Church Street, White Plains). Visit DTMusic.org for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.