Dear friends and neighbors,
The biting cold will still be here this weekend but there are plenty of things to do and ways to keep warm in the 88th Assembly District. Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place. If you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Indoor Scarsdale Farmer’s Market will take place from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Thursdays through April 26 at 13-15 Boniface Circle, the former home of Space NK. Visit scarsdale.com for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”, a musical based on the Victor Hugo story with music from the Disney movie, at 11 a.m. There will also be shows on Friday and Saturday (7 p.m.) and Sunday (2 p.m.). Visit wppac.com for more information.
- Rabbi David Levy will kick off his “Understanding the Prayer Book” lecture series at The Westchester Reform Temple (255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) with a 9:30-a.m. discussion. Visit wrtemple.org for more information.
- Westchester Road Runner will host a free group run at 6:15 p.m. that will kick off at 179 East Post Road in White Plains. The 2.5-mile run will take you through the streets of White Plains. Visit westchesterroadrunner.com for more information.
- The annual Crusaders Classic high school basketball game between Archbishop Stepinac and Iona Prep will take place at The Westchester County Center in White Plains at 7:30 p.m. The game is part of a doubleheader with Ardsley and Byram Hills squaring off in the 5-p.m. opener. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Chabad of Bronxville (1 Stone Place, Bronxville) will host Soup and Scotch at 5:30 p.m. Following services there will be a variety of soups and fine scotch to sample. Visit jewishbronxville.com for more information.
- Temple Israel Center (280 Old Mamaroneck Road, White Plains) will host author Noah Isenberg as he discusses his book, “We’ll Always Have Casablanca”, at 7:50 p.m. The lecture is part of the Shabbat Author Series. Services begin at 6 p.m. followed by dinner and then the lecture. Visit templeisraelcenter.org for more information.
- The Beth-El Synagogue Center (1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will host Café Shabbat from 4-5:30 p.m. Enjoy a musical Shabbat celebration led by Lori Weber followed by a dinner and dessert. Visit bethelnr.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Public Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) will host The Friends Big Book Sale at 10 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Visit nrlp.org for more information.
- Pianist Takeshi Asai will present “All That Jazz” as part of the Midland Music Series at The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville). Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- GirlAgain (4 Martine Avenue, White Plains) is hosting a “New Year, New Style” event at 11 a.m. Get an exclusive t-shirt for your American Girl doll. Visit girlagain.com for more information.
- The Westchester Wedding and Bridal Expo will take place at The Westchester County Center in White Plains from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- Temple Israel of New Rochelle will host Temple Tennis and Cocktails at The Rock Club (130 Rhodes Street, New Rochelle) from 7-11 p.m. There will be a light dinner, drinks and dessert. Visit tinr.org for more information.
- Jewish educational scholar Bennett Muraskin will speak at The Community Unitarian Universalist Congregation (468 Rosedale Avenue, White Plains) about the Jewish perspective on Jesus at 2:30 p.m. Contact Dmitry Turovsky at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The JCC of Mid-Westchester (999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale) will host “Stand Up For Peace”, featuring comedians Dean Obeidallah and Scott Blakeman, at 8 p.m. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The Calpulli Mexican Dance Company will perform at The New Rochelle Public Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) from 4-5:30 p.m. as part of the Three Kings Day celebration. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Reformed Church of Bronxville (180 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host Antti Pentikainen, a special envoy for the Prime Minister of Finland, as part of the Sunday Morning Adult Education Series. He will present “Defining Humanity in Front of Violence and Terror.” Visit
reformedchurch.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host the opening reception for the “BWC Members Art Exhibit” from 2-5 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Westchester Knicks of the NBA G League will take on the Austin Spurs in a 5-p.m. contest at The Westchester County Center in White Plains. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Beth-El Synagogue Center (1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will continue its Hot Topics in Judaism Lecture Series at 7 p.m. This month’s discussion will focus on “Intermarriage and Jewish Identity”. Visit bethelnr.org for more information.
- Christian Science Monitor film critic Peter Rainer will lead a 1:30-p.m. discussion on film at The Eastchester Library (11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester). Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.