Dear friends and neighbors,
It will be a long Independence Day holiday weekend for many of us and what better way to spend it than by enjoying all events happening in the 88th Assembly District. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. Cruise Control will perform this week. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information
- The Westchester Band concert series returns with a 7:30 p.m. performance at The Scarsdale Municipal Pool (311 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale). There will also be a fireworks show. Visit scarsdale.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Hannah Gill and the Hours will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The City of White Plains will hold its Independence Day Celebration at White Plains High School (550 North Street, White Plains) beginning with a 7:30 p.m. concert by Bruce Springsteen tribute band Tramps Like Us. Fireworks will follow. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The Westchester Reformed Temple (255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) will host a “Star-Spangled Shabbat Service” at 6:15 p.m. featuring music of the American and Jewish experience to help celebrate Independence Day. Visit wrtemple.org for more information.
- The Victor LaGamma Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Library (11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester) continues its EPL Film Series with a 1:30 presentation of “A Sense of an Ending”. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place at Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvilleframersmarket.com for more information.
- The Ground Floor Co-Working Gallery (547 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will host an opening reception for “All I See is Red: A Themed Exhibit Curated By Lisa Post” from 1-3 p.m. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.