Dear friends and neighbors,
We’ll move step closer to spring this weekend when we set the clocks ahead one hour. Sunset will be closer to 7 p.m. so go out and enjoy all the wonderful things the 88th Assembly District gas to offer this weekend. There are concerts, shows, parades and much more for everyone to experience in our cities, towns and villages.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The Soop Theatre Company will present “Annie, Jr.” at the Manor Club Theatre (1023 Esplanade, Pelham Manor) at 7 p.m. and again on Saturday at 2 p.m. These performances will be done by Cast A. Cast B performances will be Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Visit sooptheatre.org for more information.
- The March Madness Baseball Card Show will take place at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. Show times are 2-8 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site (897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mt. Vernon) will host acclaimed organist Kathryn Jones in a 2 p.m. concert. Call David Osborn at (914) 667-4116 for more information.
- Toney Toni and the Gang (70 Pondfield Road Bronxville) will host The Rebecca Taylor Spring Trunk Show from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Visit bronxvillechamber.com for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center (One Generoso Pope Place, Tuckahoe) will present L’ABC SI IMPARA COSI, a play that chronicles a hilarious journey through Italy, at 6:30 p.m. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- Speak with Pelham Weekly/Pelham Plus editor Maggie Klein during her Talk with Maggie Sessions in Pelham. Klein will be at Renaissance Bagel (309 Fifth Avenue) at 8:15 a.m.; at JM Café (129 Wolfs Lane) at 9:30; and Bakery at Four Corners (4668 Boston Post Road) at 10:45. Visit pelhamplus.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “Tango Night in Roscoe’s Room with Mayte Vicens” at 7:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The White Plains St. Patrick’s Day Parade will begin at 9 a.m. with a mass at Our Lady of Sorrows Church (920 Mamaroneck Avenue). The parade will start at noon on Mamaroneck Avenue and proceed to Main Street. Visit whiteplainssaintpatricksday.com for more information.
- Comedian Robert Klein will perform at the White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) at 8 p.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The Midland Music Series returns to the Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) with a 7:30 p.m. performance by pianist Lisa Yui. She has served as the piano department chair of the Music Advancement Program at the Juilliard School and has taught a course on the social history of the piano at Marymount Manhattan College for many years. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Playland Job Fair will take place at the County Center in White Plains from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. There will be on-the-spot interviews for the first 300 applicants who attend. Visit ryeplayland.org for more information.
- The Fair and Affordable Housing Expo will also take place at the County Center from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Meet with housing counselors, realtors and lenders. Call Westchester Residential Opportunities at 914-428-4507, ext. 314 for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will host a Volunteer Garden Cleanup Day from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. There will be a light breakfast available. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum will host a Smithsonian Museum Day Live. Presentation as part of its Women’s History Month celebration. Learn about social roles of women in the 19th century during hourly tours that will be conducted between noon and 4 p.m. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site will host Professor Lisa Keller at 1 p.m. as she explores the political significance of former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt. The world renowned Ajkun Ballet Theatre will then present a dance sequence evoking the lives of three prominent women from American history associated with St. Paul’s Church — Anne Hutchinson, Abigail Adams and Eleanor Roosevelt. Call David Osborn at 914-667-4116 for more information.
- The Westchester County Mobile Shredder will be in Eastchester from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit environment.westchestergov.com/mobile-shredder for more information.
- Caroline Doctorow will perform “The Great American Song Revival”, a tribute to folk songwriters of the 1960s, in the New Rochelle Library’s Ossie Davis Theater at 3 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Pediatric Cancer Foundation will host Evan and Joshua’s Hot Cocoa Stand from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at All Good Things (1074 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale). All the proceeds will go to The Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Visit pcfweb.org for more information.
- The Concordia Conservatory (171 White Plains Road, Bronxville) will present “The Monster of Guitaristan” by Rami Vamos at 11 a.m. Visit concordia-ny.edu/conservatory for more information.
- The Walkabout Clearwater Coffeehouse presents folk/rock group The Boxcar Lilies at 7:30 p.m. at The Memorial United Methodist Church (250 Bryant Avenue, White Plains). Visit walkaboutclearwater.org for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio returns to the main dining room of Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle), where they will perform from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club will present artist Robert Patierno from 2-5 p.m. He specializes in original woodcuts, linoleum cuts and relief prints. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum will host a Winter Chamber Music Concert at 4:30 p.m. The trio Broadway Junction will perform. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Westchester Harp Ensemble will perform a 3 p.m. Celtic Harp concert in honor of St. Patrick’s Day at the New Rochelle Library’s Ossie Davis Theater. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The 12th annual Eastchester St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 3 p.m. The parade will go from the Immaculate Conception School up Route 22 to Lake Isle Country Club. Visit eastchesterirish.org for more information.
- The Concordia College Sommer Center (171 White Plains Road, Bronxville) will present Seymour Bernstein: Masterclass & Film Screening at 2:30 p.m. Visit concordia-ny.edu/conservatory/ for more information.
- ArtsWestchester (31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains) will present The SHE Opening Reception: Deconstructing Female Identity, an exhibit that explores what it means to be a woman in contemporary America. Visit artswestchester.org for more information.
- The Lights, Camera, Action Family Film Festival will take place at The Ethical Culture Society of Westchester (7 Saxon Woods Road, White Plains) at 1:30 p.m. There will be animated shorts and documentaries for children. Visit ethicalsocietywestchester.org for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School in Scarsdale will host their annual benefit at the Emelin Theatre (153 Library Lane, Mamaroneck) at 6 p.m. World-renowned cellist Steve Isserlis is scheduled to perform. Visit hbms.org for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.