Dear friends and neighbors,
The unofficial end of summer arrives this weekend. September rolls in and with it comes Labor Day. I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend responsibly. There are plenty of things to do and see in the 88th Assembly District that will make this holiday weekend special.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Westchester Chess Club will meet at The Trinity Lutheran Church (25 Crane Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. Visit westchesterchessclub.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary
.org for more information.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. Jigsaww will perform. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will close out its The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The Erena Terakubo Quartet will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Beth-El Synagogue Center (1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will host an “Israeli Wine Tasting” at 7 p.m. There will be 30 wines to sample from all regions of Israel. Visit bethelnr.org/israeliwine for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The 2017 Westchester International Children’s Film Festival will kick off at The Picture House (174 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) with a 4 p.m. showing of “At Eye Level”. The Festival runs through Sept. 5 with movies and programs running throughout the day. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will continue its “First Friday! Music & Trolley” program from 5:30-8:30 p.m. The trolley will make hourly trips from Pelham Bay Park to City Island and back. The museum will also host an opening reception from 6-8 p.m. for the exhibit “Quiet Circle: Women and Girls in 19th Century America”. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) will host its Senior Benefit Information Program from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Learn about and discuss all the various programs available to seniors. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Lincoln Park Community Garden (Lincoln Avenue, New Rochelle) will host Yoga in the Garden with Yogi Ashley at 10 a.m. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host Latin jazz guitarists Ricardo Gautreau and Doug Munro in a 1 p.m. performance. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host a Sunday Jazz Brunch from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host music historian and educator Robert Cohen at 1 p.m. as he discusses “The American Labor Movement Through Song”. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The New Rochelle Labor Day Community Block Party will be held at the Bethesda Baptist Church of New Rochelle (71 Lincoln Avenue, New Rochelle) at 2 p.m. There will be food, music, games and more. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.