Dear friends and neighbors,
Here’s a look at some of the events that are taking place this weekend in the 88th Assembly District. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Westchester Chess Club will meet at The Trinity Lutheran Church (25 Crane Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. Visit westchesterchessclub.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host Neighborhood Nights at Gardella (Ferris Avenue) and Chatterton (Chatterton Avenue) Parks, respectively. There will be barnyard animals and crafts at Gardella Park at 7 p.m. while there will be Magic by Seth Dale at Gardella at 7 p.m. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The Westchester Band, under the direction of Alan Hollander, will continue to celebrate its 48th season with a concert in Chase Park (32 Chase Road, Scarsdale) at 8 p.m. Visit westchesterband.org for more information.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. Gunsmoke will perform this week. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Alwyn & Jolliff will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center will host Cinema Sotto Le Stelle, a free outdoor movie festival in Tuckahoe’s Depot Square at 8:30 p.m. This week’s film is “The Barese Icemen of New York”. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- New Rochelle Downtown BID will present the first of three Thursday night concerts in its “Music on the Green” series at 7 p.m. in Ruby Dee Park (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle). Glenda Davenport and the Hiroshi Yamazaki Quartet will perform. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The George Coleman, Jr. Quartet will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-9:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Summer Street Concert Series will kick off with a 6:30 concert on Park Place. Sue and the Fun Ghouls are scheduled to perform. There will also be a car show. Visit bronxvillechamber.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- St. John’s, Wilmot, Episcopal Church (11 Wilmot Road, New Rochelle) will host a Christmas in July: Family Pasta and Movie Night at 6:30 p.m. There will be a casual dinner and a showing of The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey. Visit www.stjohnswilmot.com for more information.
- Temple Israel of New Rochelle will host a Shabbat ShaBeach at Five Islands Park (99 Le Fevres Lane, New Rochelle) beginning at 6 p.m. Visit tinr.org for more information.
- The All About the Blues Band will perform in The Roscoe Room at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 8-11:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will host Friday Night Live at the Hudson Park Bandshell (2-54 Wildcliff Road, New Rochelle) at 7:30 p.m. Greetings From Anywhere is scheduled to perform. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Police Department will host Coffee with a Cop from 10 a.m.- noon at Starbucks (1170 Wilmot Avenue, New Rochelle). Talk to the officers, ask questions and get to know the people who are protecting us a little better. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) will continue it’s Afternoon Movies for Adults Series with a 1:45 p.m. showing of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place at Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvilleframersmarket.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host “A Clash of Cultures: Anne Hutchinson’s Brief Life Near St. Paul’s Church” at 1 p.m. The presentation will explore Hutchinson’s relationship with the local Lenape Indians and the Dutch commercial colony of New Netherland. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The Pelham Art Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham) will present “Backstrap Weaving”, an ancient Mayan technique that will be shown to participants who want to weave their own backstrap loom, at 1:30 p.m. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Pelham Art Center will also host Tropical Tiki Drink and Draw from 6:30-10 p.m. Those 18 and older can enter but you must be 21 or older to drink. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Westchester County Mobile Shredder will be at the Anne Hutchinson School (60 Mill Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- Joan Henry, a traditional song carrier and hahesh’kah (lead drummer) for elders among the Nde’, Coast Salish, Shoshone, Tsalagi, Chippewa/Cree, and Dakota nations, will host a presentation at the Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) at 3 p.m. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- GirlAgain (4 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host a seashell picture-frame workshop at 11 a.m. The workshop is based on American Girls Samantha Parkington (1904) and Rebecca Rubin (1914) and their love of the beach. Visit girlagain.com for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will present “Sunday in the Park With Shakespeare” at 6:30 p.m. in the Hudson Park Bandshell (2-54 Wildcliff Road, New Rochelle). The Lawnchair Theater will present “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- The Westchester County Center in White Plains will host Reptile Expo, the largest reptile show and exhibit in the Northeast, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit reptileexpo.com for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.