Dear friends and neighbors,
It doesn’t appear as if the wonderful spring weather we’ve experienced recently will carry over to the weekend. Don’t let some clouds dampen your spirits, though. There are plenty of things in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District to enjoy this weekend, from music and movies to plays and holiday celebrations.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will present the latest installment of their Coffeehouse Music Series when singer/songwriter Pete Donovan and singer Peter Calo perform from 8-10:30 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Public Library (201 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will continue its free-movie series with a 3:30 showing of “The Peanuts Movie”. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center will present “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change” at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle will host their “Coffee and Conversation” event at the New Rochelle Library from 9:30-11 a.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Eastchester Public Library Film Series presents “Alice’s Ordinary People” at 1:30 p.m. The film centers on the life of the civil rights activist Alice Tregay. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- Speak with Pelham Weekly/Pelham Plus editor Maggie Klein during her Talk with Maggie Sessions in Pelham. Klein will be at Renaissance Bagel (309 Fifth Avenue) at 8:15 a.m.; at JM Café (129 Wolfs Lane) at 9:30; and Bakery at Four Corners (4668 Boston Post Road) at 10:45. Visit pelhamplus.com for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center (One Generoso Pope Place, Tuckahoe) will present “Embroidered Stories”, a spoken word event. “Embroidered Stories” is an anthology collection that includes essays from Argentina, Australia, Canada, and the United States. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- Adrian East (122 Kraft Avenue, Bronxville) will host a Spring Fashion Preview Party from noon-2 p.m. There will be champagne, snacks and more. Visit bronxvillechamber.com/events for more information.
- The “Road to WrestleMania” goes through the Westchester County Center in White Plains. See all the WWE stars, including The Big Show and the Dudley Boyz. The program begins at 7:30 p.m. and doors open at 6:30. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Italian Song/Folk Art Event will take place at the Pelham Arts Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham) from 2-4 p.m. Renowned singer Alessandra Tamerin will perform. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will host an Easter egg hunt from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for children ages 2-12. Participants must bring their own basket. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Hugh Doyle Center in New Rochelle (94 Davis Avenue) will host “Egg”-Stravaganza from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for children in pre-K through second grade. There will be crafts, storytelling, egg gathering and more. Registration is required. Call 914-654-2116 for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library will host a Friends Mini-Book Sale from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Town of Pelham and the Pelham Business Club will host the Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Bunny Boulevard at 10 a.m. at The Town Gazebo. Visit townofpelham.com for more information.
- Acclaimed soprano Audrey Dubois Harris will perform at the New Rochelle Library’s Ossie Davis Theater as part of a 4 p.m. tribute concert to Ellabelle Davis. Excerpts from the opera “The Gentle Lark of New Rochelle” will be also be performed. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- Singers from the Hoff-Barthelson Music School in Scarsdale will perform at the Scarsdale Public Library at 2 p.m. The group will be performing under the tutelage of three-time Tony Award nominee Marin Mazzie. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The Eastchester Public Library Film Series presents “The Big Short” at 1:30 p.m. The film tells the story of the mortgage crisis in the early part of the 21st Visit www.eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- The Scarsdale-based Hoff-Barthelson Music School will present The Oracle Trio as part of its HB Artist Series at 5 p.m. at the Greenville Community Church (270 Ardsley Road, Scarsdale). Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The Taconic Opera will premiere the oratorio “Job”, a performance based on the biblical prophet, at the White Plains Presbyterian Church (39 North Broadway, White Plains) at 3 p.m. Visit taconicopera.org for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.