Dear friends and neighbors,
Father’s Day is this weekend and there is a great deal going on in the 88th Assembly District to help dad celebrate his special day.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series is back at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon- 2 p.m. The Saints will perform this week. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- Magician David Calamari will present “Nothing Up My Sleeves: Live on Stage” at Scarsdale High School (1057 Post Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. This event, which will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation, will feature magicians from around the country. Visit tinyurl.com/numsshow for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The George Coleman, Jr. Quartet will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-9:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Junior League of Central Westchester will be holding its annual dinner at The Sunningdale Country Club (300
Underhill Road, Scarsdale) at 6:30 p.m. Visit jlcw.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Library (201 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host author Martin Keefe at 7 p.m. as he discusses his book, “Taking the Measure”. Visit bronxvillelibrary.org for more information.
- Pelham resident Gerry Marzorati will be at the Pelham Library (530 Colonial Avenue, Pelham) from7:30-8:45 p.m. to discuss his book, “Late To The Ball”. Visit pelhamlibrary.org for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center (One Generoso Pope Place, Tuckahoe) will present “Mario Lanza: The Man and his Music” from 7-9 p.m. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- The Alliance Francaise of Westchester (31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains) will host a wine tasting from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Visit afwestchesterny.org for more information.
- The third annual Ecuadorian Film Festival in New York will conclude at The Picture House (175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) with a 7:30 p.m. presentation of “In Competition”, the story of man with terminal pancreatic cancer and how he has chosen to live out the remaining few months of his life. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) will continue its Foreign Film Series with a 1:45 p.m. presentation of “Survival in Shanghai”, a documentary about Jewish refugees who went to Shanghai to escape the Holocaust during WWII. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- New Rochelle-based It Takes a Village To Educate A Child will host its Pre-Summer Fling at 4 p.m. at Patsy’s Pizzeria (2 Pelham Road, New Rochelle). Visit takesavillagetoeducate.org for more information.
- The Manor Club (1023 Esplanade, Pelham Manor) will present “Sunset on the Manor” from 7-10 p.m. There will be music, food, drinks and more. Visit themanorclubofpelham.org for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host the BWC Coffeehouse Music Series from 8-10:30 p.m. with scheduled performances by Zana and Al Hemberger. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Jared Pauley Quartet will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-10 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Public Library (11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester) will continue its EPL Film Series with a 1:30 p.m. presentation of “Bitter Harvest”, the story of life in the Ukraine under Stalin. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum will also host “Bats!, Brats! And Beer!” at 1 p.m. as part of its Father’s Day weekend celebration. Watch the New York Mutuals play a baseball game with 1864 rules, uniforms etc. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place at Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvilleframersmarket.com for more information.
- Celebrate Grandparents Day at The Scarsdale Pool (311 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) from noon-4 p.m. There will be music, food, bingo and more. Grandchildren who are members of the pool can bring their grandparents at no cost.
- The Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) Adult Book Club will meet at 11 a.m. to discuss “The Imposter” by Damon Galgut. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The Pelham Little League will host its Home Run Derby, sponsored by Major League Baseball, at 6 p.m. at Glover Field (East Sandford Boulevard, Pelham). All boys and girls under the age of 14 are eligible. Two winners will go to the Regional Competition in New Jersey on June 25. Visit pelhamlittleleague.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will host “Bartow’s Literary Elevenses” at 10 a.m. Museum guides Laura DeRiggi and Caitlyn Sellar will lead a historical fiction book club. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- GirlAgain (4 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host a Dad’s Day Painting Workshop at 11 a.m. Girls can come in and make a special gift for dad. Visit girlagain.com for more information.
- Beth-El Synagogue Center (North Avenue, New Rochelle) will host Shabbat Afternoon Tisch: A Singing and Study Program beginning at 7:45 p.m. Visit bethelenr.org for more information.
- The Pelham Art Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham ) will host Animating Artwork for Kids from 2-4 p.m. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Scarsdale Recreation Department, Chamber of Commerce and Police Department will co-host a night of bicycling and skating in the downtown streets of the village. Head over to Chase Park (32 Chase Road, Scarsdale) where the festivities will kick off at 6 p.m. Visit scarsdale.com for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School (25 School Lane, Scarsdale) will host pianists Elena Belli and Delana Thomsen at 1:30 p.m. as part of the HB Artist Series. Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The Race for the Cure Gala will take place at Mulino’s at Lake Isle (660 White Plains Road, Eastchester) at 7:30 p.m. The Christopher Reeve Foundation is the beneficiary of the event. Visit chrisopherreeve.org for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host a “Father’s Day Fish Fry” from 11:30 a.m.- 9 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- Bicycle Sunday will take place on the Bronx River Parkway from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. between the Westchester County Center in White Plains and Scarsdale Road in Yonkers. The 13.1 mile loop will be open to bikers and closed to car traffic. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m.- 3p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host a Father’s Day Concert in Turnure Park (South Lake Street, White Plains) featuring guitarist Gil Parris at 7 p.m. Visit cityofwhiteplains.org for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.