Dear friends and neighbors,
Concerts, movies, farmer’s markets and more highlight what will be an incredible weekend in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District. There’s plenty to do and see as the summer heats up.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event that you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The White Plains Noon Day Concert Series continues at Renaissance Plaza (Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue) from noon-2 p.m. Linc-Carnival will perform this week. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The City of White Plains will host The Summer Concert Series in the Courtyard on City Place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The Brain Cloud will perform. Visit wpbid.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services will host a guidance program on county services for seniors at the Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The Westchester Band, under the direction of Alan Hollander, will continue to celebrate its 48th season with a concert in Chase Park (32 Chase Road, Scarsdale) at 8 p.m. Visit westchesterband.org for more information.
- The Westchester Chess Club will meet at The Trinity Lutheran Church (25 Crane Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. Visit westchesterchessclub.com for more information.
- Beth-El Synagogue Center (1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will show “The Woman’s Balcony” at 7:30 p.m. as part of the Summer Israel Film Series. Visit bethelnr.org for more information.
- The George Coleman, Jr. Quartet will be performing at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-9:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) will host the “Friends Big Summer Book Sale” from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down to Earth Farmer’s Market will take place at Huguenot Park at the corner of North Avenue and Eastchester Road at 8:30 a.m. and will stay open until 2:30 p.m. There will be produce, baked goods, cheese and more. Visit downtoearthmarkets.com for more information.
- The Scarsdale Library (54 Olmstead Road, Scarsdale) will show “About Schmidt”, starring Jack Nicholson, at 1:45 p.m. as part of its Golden Age on the Silver Screen Series. Scarsdale resident Dr. Steven Hyler will host a post-film discussion. Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- Alvin and Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host First Friday with Jazmyn from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Grand Market Downtown will take place at 1 Library Plaza at 9 a.m. The market, which will remain open until 2 p.m., will feature fresh produce, baked goods, honey, crafts and more. Visit newrochelledowntown.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place at Stone Place at Paxton Avenue from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit bronxvilleframersmarket.com for more information.
- Historian and journalist Alison L. Cowan will discuss the story of Deborah Sampson, the woman who disguised herself as a man to fight in the American Revolutionary War, in a 1 p.m. presentation at the St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon). Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- The Westchester County Mobile Shredder will be in New Rochelle (515 North Avenue) from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- GirlAgain (4 Martine Avenue, White Plains) will host a Doll T-Shirt Design Workshop at 11 a.m. for young ladies who are American Girl fans. Visit girlagain.com for more information.
- The Pelham Art Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham) will host “Intro to Fair Isle Knitting” with Stephanie Lieberman Paley at 2 p.m. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- Tuckahoe Fireworks by Grucci will take place from 7-10 p.m. at The Parkway Oval. There will be food and entertainment. Visit etcoc.com for more information.
- Saturday Jazz at Jolo will take place from 8-10 p.m. at Jolo’s Vegan Restaurant (49 Lawton Street, New Rochelle). Chip Shelton and the Peacetime Ensemble will perform. Visit chipshelton.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place in Depot Square. The market is open every Sunday through the end of November from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The Eastchester Farmer’s Market will take place in the parking lot of Country Markets of Westchester (344 White Plains Road, Eastchester) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The Farmer’s Market will run through mid-October. Visit facebook.com/EastchesterFarmersMarket for more information.
Please visit www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events for more information about these and other area events.