Dear friends and neighbors,
Spring arrived earlier this week and the last full weekend of March is upon us. Enjoy the changing of the seasons in cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District. There is music, dinners, discussions, sports and much more to make this a more enjoyable weekend.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The Hitchcock Presbyterian Church (6 Greenacres Avenue, Scarsdale) will host the first of five performances in the 2017 Marguerite Manley Memorial Lenten Organ Recital Series at noon. Daniel Ficarri is scheduled to perform and there will be a lunch following the performance. Visit hitchcockpresby.org for more information.
- ArtsWestchester (31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains) will host Newheart Ohanian Fashion Stylists, the group that designed Beyonce’s album Lemonade at 6 p.m. Visit artswestchester.org for more information.
- Alliance Francaise de Westchester (31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains) will host “Wines of the Loire” at 6:30 p.m. Jeff Wooddy of Rochambeau Wineswill serve as the guide. Visit afwestchesterny.org for more information.
- Gramatan Village (85 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host “A Tea and Conversation” from 2-3:30 p.m. Take part in a women’s history quiz. Visit bronxvillechamber.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce Dinner Dance will take place at Beckwith Point (700 Davenport Avenue, New Rochelle) from 6-10 p.m. Contact Jennifer Lanser at 914-632-5700 for more information.
- The Scarsdale Synagogue Temples Tremont and Emanu-El (2 Ogden Road, Scarsdale) will host a “Sharing Shabbat” for the first time at 7 p.m. This communal experience will be a fish/dairy potluck. Visit sstte.org for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will be hosting flutist Pamela Sklar as she performs in a “Welcome to Spring” concert at 3 p.m. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The All About The Blues Band will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-10:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Sock-n-Buskin’s Theatre Company will present the Tony Award-winning musical “Barnum” at The Pelham Middle/High School Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. There will also be performances on Saturday (7:30 p.m.) and Sunday (2 p.m.) Email email@example.com for tickets and more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host the Renovators, Westchester Chapter at 8 p.m. as part of its Coffeehouse Music Series. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Woman’s Club of White Plains (305 Ridgeway, White Plains) will host Whiskey, Wine & Wings from 8-11 p.m. There will be wine tasting, whiskey, wings and other light fare served with the proceeds going to charity. Visit womansclubofwhiteplains.org for more information.
- Out of the Blue, the Oxford all-male a capella group, will perform at New Rochelle High School’s Linda Kelly Theater (North Avenue and Braemer Road, New Rochelle) at 7:30 p.m. Visit nredfund.org for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center (One Generoso Pope Place, Tuckahoe) will show the film “Discover Italy: Terra di Puglia” at 7 p.m. It focuses on the development and conservation of the Puglia region in Italy. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School (25 School Lane, Scarsdale) will host “Children’s Corner Concert, Breath in Motion – Wind Instruments Come to Life” at 6:30 p.m. Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The Westchester Knicks of the NBA Developmental League will face the Reno Big Horns in a 7 p.m. contest at The Westchester County Center in White Plains. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The New Rochelle Public Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) will host “Save the Sound: An Environmental Presentation” at noon. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The New York State Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the Westchester Assembly Delegation, will host a job fair at The Greenburgh Library (300 Tarrytown Road, Elmsford) from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Full-time positions in highway maintenance, motor equipment mechanics, and structural engineering are available. The event is free and open to the public. Contact Lisa Urban at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio returns to Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) for a 7:30 p.m. performance. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host Metropolitan Opera violinist Shem Guibbory as he combines music and the images of photographer Peter Layton in a 7:30 p.m. performance. He will be joined by violinist Joyce Balint and pianist Oxana Mikhailoff. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “Shadows of the 60s: A Tribute to Motown” at 8 p.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The Bottom Band will perform at Dudley’s Parkview Restaurant and Bar (94 Hudson Park Road, New Rochelle). Visit dudleysparkview.com for show times and information.
- The Pelham Art Center (155 Fifth Avenue, Pelham) will host a “Pysanka” Egg Decorating Workshop with Moki Kokoris from 2-4:30 p.m. Pysanka is Ukrainian egg decorated with traditional folk art. Visit pelhamartcenter.org for more information.
- The Westchester Italian Cultural Center (One Generoso Pope Place, Tuckahoe) will present “Famous and Lesser
Known Influential Italians”, a lecture presented by Toni McKeen. Visit wiccny.org for more information.
- The Beerfest of Westchester will take place at the Westchester County Center in White Plains from 4-8 p.m. Visit beerfestwestchester.com for more information.
- Olympic swimmer and national-record holder Roy Allan Burch will kick off the City of White Plains 5th annual Jump In and Swim program at the White Plains High School (550 North Street, White Plains) auditorium with an 11:30 a.m. presentation. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com/jumpinandswim for more information.
- The Reformed Church of Bronxville (180 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) will host its annual choir festival at 3 p.m. Visit reformedchurch.org for more information.
- The Woman’s Club of White Plains (305 Ridgeway, White Plains) will host its second annual indoor tag sale from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit womansclubofwhiteplains.org for more information.
- Concordia College (171 White Plains Road, Bronxville) will host The Scape Trio at the Sommer Center in a 4 p.m. concert. Visit concordia-ny.edu for more information.
- The Taconic Opera will perform Dan Montez’s “David” at The Presbyterian Church of White Plains (39 North Broadway, White Plains) at 3 p.m. Visit taconicopera.org for more information.
- The Downtown Music at Grace Concert Series will continue at The Grace Church (33 Church Street, White Plains) with a Young Artist’s Concerto featuring pianists Mackenzie Melemed and Angie Zhang and Downtown Sinfonietta, the resident chamber orchestra, at 5 p.m. Visit dtmusic.org for more information.
- Violinist Anca Nicolau will perform at the Greenville Community Church (270 Ardsley Road, Scarsdale) as part of the part of the Hoff-Barthelson Music School Artist Concert Series at 7:30 p.m. Visit hbms.org for more information.
- Soprano Coralie Gallet and pianist José García-León will perform at The New Rochelle Library (1 Library Plaza) at 3 p.m.
- WWE Live! The Road to Wrestlemania will take place at the Westchester County Center in White Plains at 7 p.m. Visit wwe.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.