Dear friends and neighbors,
I’d like to wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Take some time this week to think about all the things in your life for which you are thankful. Enjoy a wonderful meal with family and friends on Thursday and then, if you don’t want to do any Black Friday shopping, take advantage of some fun events in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@NYAssembly.gov.
- The St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will present “Songs of America” at 1 p.m. The sing-a-long will include songs that chronicle America from colonial times to the 20th Visit www.nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “Mooseltoe: A New Moosical”, the story of a moose that wants to fly with Santa’s reindeer, at 11 a.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The East Coast National Baseball Card Show will take place at The Westchester County Center (198 Central Park Avenue, White Plains) from 1-7 p.m. The show will also run on Saturday (10 a.m.- 5 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m.-4 p.m.). Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Victor LaGamma Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Picture House (175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) will show “Mumford & Sons; Live from South Africa: Dust and Thunder” at 9 p.m. as part of November’s Music and Movie Series. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Public Library (1 Library Plaza, New Rochelle) will host representatives from the Senior Benefits Information Center from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. The reps will help senior citizens find out which benefits they may be entitled to receive, including Medicare health and prescription, food stamps, HEAP, EPIC, weatherization, minor home repair and tax relief programs. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site (897 South Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will present guitarist Daniel Conant as he performs an hour of classical music beginning at 1 p.m. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The fifth annual Pelham Half Marathon and 10K Race will take place at 8 a.m. at the downtown gazebo in Pelham at the corners of Fifth and Harmon Avenues. Visit pelhamhalf.com for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- Saturday is Small Business Saturday. Take some time this day to visit all the businesses in the cities, towns and villages of the 88th Assembly District. Think about shopping at one or more of these businesses, all of which help form the backbone of our communities.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.