Dear friends and neighbors,
We’ve reached the last weekend in August and it’s hard to believe that the summer is almost gone. There are still plenty of ways to enjoy what’s left of summer, though, in the 88th Assembly District. There are many concerts and farmer’s markets to enjoy in our cities, towns and villages.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will conclude its summer-long “Pop-Up Performances” seri
es at the New Rochelle Train Station from 5:30-7 p.m. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- The Richie G. Group will perform at noon in Renaissance Park (Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street, White Plains) as part of the city’s Noon Day Concert series. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host “An End and a Beginning”, a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service. The program will focus on how St. Paul’s went from being a church to a National Historic Site. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The New Rochelle Down To Earth Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Huguenot Park/Twin Lakes. Visit http://tinyurl.com/jsbomn4 for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) will present “101 Dalmatians Kids” at 5 p.m. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The New York Summer Latin Concert will take place at The County Center in White Plains at 7 p.m. Visit countycenter.biz for more information.
- The Pelham Jewish Center (451 Esplanade, Pelham Manor) will be hosting a Shabbat Barbeque and Open House beginning at 5:30. Visit thepjc.org for more information.
- The Harlem Soul Jazz Band will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Hugh Doyle Senior Center (94 Davis Avenue, New Rochelle) will host a 90+ Birthday Party for all New Rochelle residents who are or will be 90 or older. Lunch for the celebrants is free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Downtown BID Grand Market will take place from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the New Rochelle Library Green. Visit newrochellegrandmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue, Bronxville. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The City of New Rochelle will hold a Community Cleanup Day from 9 a.m.- noon, rain or shine. Volunteers are needed. Call 914-246-2661or write to email@example.com for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Depot Square, Tuckahoe. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will host “The House”, a teen coffee house, from 5-7:30 p.m. It’s an open-mic experience for people under 25. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.