Dear friends and neighbors,
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Fourth of July weekend. There are concerts, fireworks and more in the 88th Assembly District to help you celebrate. Please remember, though, to leave the fireworks to the professionals. Be careful, be safe and enjoy the long weekend.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will continue its “Pop-Up Performances” at the New Rochelle Train Station from 5:30-7 p.m. The concerts will run every Thursday through Aug. 25. Visit newrochellearts.org for more information.
- The Westchester Band will perform at The Scarsdale Municipal Pool (311 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale) at 7:30 p.m. as part of its Concerts Under the Stars series. There will also be fireworks for the holiday. Visitwestchesterband.org for more information.
- The group Magic Touch will perform at noon in Renaissance Park (Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street, White Plains) as part of the city’s Noon Day Concert series. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will host an opening reception for “Plein Air Paintings of the Bartow-Pell Gardens” from 5-6 p.m. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park) will host its “First Friday Music & Trolley” program from 5:30-8:30 p.m. The Kenn Morr Band will perform while the trolley will make hourly trips from the #6 Pelham Bay Park subway station. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The White Plains Independence Day celebration will take place at White Plains High School (500
North Street, White Plains) at 6 p.m. There will be food, fireworks and a performance by the West Point concert band. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com.
- The New Rochelle Down To Earth Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Huguenot Park/Twin Lakes. Visit http://tinyurl.com/jsbomn4 for more information.
- The thrift shop at White Plains Presbyterian Church (39 North Broadway, White Plains) will be open from 9:30-1 p.m. All proceeds will go to local philanthropies. Visit womansclubofwhiteplains.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Downtown BID Grand Market will take place from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the New Rochelle Library Green. Visit newrochellegrandmarket.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will take place from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Stone Place and Paxton Avenue, Bronxville. Visit bronxvillefarmersmarket.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Depot Square, Tuckahoe. Visit tuckahoe.com for more information.
- The famous Grucci Family of Fireworks will put on a show on the New Rochelle waterfront at 9:30 p.m. rain or shine. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.