Dear friends and neighbors,
Can you believe that Memorial Day weekend is already here? May has gone by so fast and we’ll be heading into June following the holiday weekend. Before we do, though, take some time and enjoy the weekend while experience everything the 88th Assembly District has to offer.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The Junior League of Bronxville will host their annual Women of Distinction Awards Dinner at the Siwanoy Country Club (351 Pondfield Road, Bronxville) at 6:30 p.m. Visit www. jlbwomenofdistinction.weebly.com for more information.
- Author Stephen Silverman will speak at the JCC of Mid-Westchester (999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale) from 10:30 a.m.-noon about his book “The Catskills: Its History and How It Changed America”. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will host a presentation highlighting the beauty and majesty of Acadia National Park in Maine at 3 p.m. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) will present Echoes: Jazz Ensemble from Oberlin Conservatory of Music from 7-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Westchester County beaches, including Glen Island in New Rochelle, will open for the pre-season. The County beaches will only be open on the weekends through June 24. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- The Westchester County mobile shredder will be in Bronxville on Palumbo Place behind Village Hall from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Visit http://preview.tinyurl.com/zntb5b2 for more information.
- The Bushiroad Springfest 2016 will take place at the Westchester County Center from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and again on Sunday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m. All English Edition Bushiroad Trading Card Games, which includes Cardfight! Vanguard Team League, Weiss Schwarz Neo-Showdown and Future Card Buddyfight Buddy Challenge, will be featured.Call 914-995-
4050 for more information.
- The Bronxville PTA will host its annual Memorial Day Dog Parade and Show at 11:30 a.m. at 177 Pondfield Road. Visit http://tinyurl.com/hq8o6d5 for more information.
- The Leslie Pintchik Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Play Group Theatre (One North Broadway, White Plains) will present “Zanna, Don’t: A Musical Fairy Tale” at 2 and 7 p.m. Zanna attends Heartsville High and can change the world with a wave of her wand. Visit playgroup.org for more information.
- The City of New Rochelle will host a Memorial Service & Grave Flag Replacement ceremony at the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery (95 Kings Highway, New Rochelle) at 9 a.m. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Memorial Day Remembrance will take place in New Rochelle beginning with a 10 a.m. wreath-laying ceremony in Memorial Plaza. There will also be a water service at Glen Island Park at noon followed by a Veteran’s Appreciation Concert and Barbeque, the highlight of which will be a 2 p.m. landing by a USMC aircraft in the park. Visit newrochelleny.com for more information.
- The annual Bronxville Memorial Day Parade and Antique Car Show will begin at 9 a.m. in Leonard Morange Square. Call 914-337-6500 for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church and National Historic Site (897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mount Vernon) will hold a day-long Memorial Day Remembrance Celebration that will include soldier’s stories and songs. Visit nps.gov/sapa for more information.
- The White Plains Memorial Day Parade will kick off at 10 a.m. on Church Street between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue. It will proceed to the Rural Cemetery on North Broadway. The parade will be followed by memorial services and honors at The Soldiers and Sailors Monument in the cemetery. Visit cityofwhiteplains.org for more information.
- The Town of Pelham’s annual Memorial Day Parade will begin at 11:30 a.m. at the Esplanade by the Manor Club. This year’s grand marshal is Pelham resident Vito Pisano, who fought in the battles of Saipan and Iwo Jima in WWII. Visit pelhamgov.com for more information.
- The Town of Eastchester’s Memorial Day festivities will begin with a ceremony at Memorial Park on the corner of California Road and Route 22. The parade is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. The parade will travel up Route 22 into Tuckahoe where it will conclude at Depot Square. Another ceremony will take place upon the parade’s completion. Visit eastchester.org for more information.
- Scarsdale’s Memorial Day observance will begin at 9:30 a.m. in Boniface Circle and will be presided over by Congressman Eliot Engel. Visit scarsdale.com for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.