Dear friends and neighbors,
I’d like to wish everyone who is celebrating to have a Happy Easter this weekend. I would also like to wish those celebrating a happy and festive Purim, which also takes place this week. Enjoy this special time of year with your families.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th Assembly District. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The Eastchester Historical Society will host “Great Women in Eastchester History” at Eastchester Town Hall (40 Mill Road, Eastchester). The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m., will feature six vignettes about Annie Hyland Adams, Anne Hutchinson, Freida Riggs and Carmela Vaccaro. Visit eastchesterhistoricalsociety.org for more information.
- Chabad of Pelham is hosting an African-style Purim celebration at Pelham Country Club (940 Wynnewood Road) at 5 p.m. Visit chabadofpelham.com for more information.
- The Chabad Jewish Center of Bronxville will host Purim in the Wild West at Lake Isle Country Club (660 White Plains Road, Eastchester) at 5:30 p.m. Visit jewishbronxville.com for more information.
- Speak with Pelham Weekly/Pelham Plus editor Maggie Klein during her Talk with Maggie Sessions in Pelham. Klein will be at Renaissance Bagel (309 Fifth Avenue) at 8:15 a.m.; at JM Café (129 Wolfs Lane) at 9:30; and Bakery at Four Corners (4668 Boston Post Road) at 10:45. Visit pelhamplus.com for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum will host a “Member Morning Exhibition Tour + Pastries in the Parlor” program from 10-11:30 a.m. Sarah Pickman will lead a discussion about fashion in the late 19th century through clothing on display in the museum’s current exhibit. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- The Eastchester Public Library Film Series presents “The 33” at 1:00 p.m. The film centers on the Chilean mine collapse in 2010. Visit eastchesterlibrary.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library will host a “Friends Mini Book Sale” from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The First Baptist Church of North White Plains (456 North Street) will host an Easter-egg hunt for children ages 2-12 at noon following the 10:30 Easter Services. Visitors should gather at the church parking lots on Bryant Avenue at 11:45 though they are welcome to attend the services. Visit firstbaptistwhiteplains.org for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.