Dear friends and neighbors,
It’s hard to believe but we’re already at the end of January. It seems as if we were just readying for the New Year and celebrating the holidays. As we close out the month, take some time to explore all the wonderful things the 88th Assembly District has to offer.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The latest edition of The White Plains Performing Arts Center (11 City Place, White Plains) series “Page to Stage: The High School Edition” will take place at 7 p.m. Young authors will see their works-in-progress while getting audience feedback. Professional actors will present the works. Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The Paul Carlon Latin Quartet will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. The group will pay tribute to legendary musician Billy Strayhorn. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Older American Act Advisory Council and Senior Council Legislative Breakfast will take place at the Westchester County Center in White Plains at 9 a.m. Visit westchestergov.com for more information.
- The Tuckahoe Library will celebrate National Puzzle Day for Kids with a 4 p.m. program for children ages 4-10. Visit tuckahoelibrary.org for more information.
- The group Hawthorne will perform live in concert at The Pelham Picture House (174 Wolfs Lane, Pelham) at 8 p.m. Singer and songwriter Nat Osborn, who was raised in Pelham, is one of the group’s driving forces. Visit thepicturehouse.org for more information.
- The Junior League of Central Westchester will host a new member informational coffee at 9:30 a.m. at Wayside Cottage in Scarsdale (1039 Post Road). Visit jlcentralwestchester.org for more information.
- The JCC of MidWestchester (999 Wilmot Avenue, Scarsdale) will present “Karen Gooen: Searching for Bubbe Fischer – Mah Jongg Play, Lunch, Book Talk” from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center will host Grammy Award-winning artist Jim Brickman as part of his “Platinum Tour: Celebrating 20 Years” at 8 p.m. Brickman’s romantic piano sound has made him one of the best-selling artists during the last 20 years. Visit wppac.com for more information.
The Rocky Middletown Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant in New Rochelle between 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- Virtuoso violinist Itzhak Perlman will perform at the County Center in White Plains. The doors open at 7 p.m. followed by the 8 p.m. performance. Visit countycenterbiz.com for more information.
- The Westchester Association of Chinese Americans will host a Chinese New Year festival at New Rochelle High School (265 Clove Road) from 2-6 p.m. This year’s theme is “Keeping an Age-Old Tradition Alive”. Visit wacany.org for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library will host an African Dance Family Workshop at 11 a.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Beth-El Synagogue Center (1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle) will host a Casino Night from 7:15 p.m.-midnight. Visit bethelnr.org/casinonight for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library will host a “Friends Mini Book Sale” from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Scarsdale Library will host a special event to kick-off the Scarsdale Cookbook Club at 2 p.m. The event is A Taste of Scarsdale – What’s Cooking at the Firehouse? Visit scarsdalelibrary.org for more information.
- The New York Metro Reptile Show will take place at The County Center from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. It’s the largest reptile show in the Northeast. Visit countycenterbiz.com for more information.
- The JCC of MidWestchester will present “Jews Around the World: Poland” from 2-3:30 p.m. There will be a screening of the film “Poland” and a discussion with director Adam Zucker. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- The Wedding of Your Dreams Bridal Show will take place at the Radisson Hotel (1 Radisson Plaza) in New Rochelle from noon to 3 p.m. Visit pae.eventsair.com/woyd/newrochelle for more information.
- Gregory Pardlow, a 2015 Pulitzer Prize winner for poetry, read from his latest book, “Digest” at The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum (895 Shore Road, Pelham Bay Park). The program is slated to begin at 4:30 p.m. It is a rescheduled event that was postponed on Jan. 24 because of the blizzard. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.