Dear friends and neighbors,
We’ve turned the page on the holidays and as we begin the New Year I’d like to remind everyone that there are a host of wonderful events in the 88th Assembly District taking place this weekend in our cities, towns and villages.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center, at 11 City Place in White Plains, will present “Tarzan, The Stage Musical” based on the Disney film. Showtime is 7 p.m. There will also be shows on Saturday (2 p.m., 7 p.m.) and Sunday (2 p.m.). Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library will host the “Friends Big Book Sale” from 9 a.m.-3p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Rocky Middleton Trio will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host Vassily Primakov as part of the Midland Music Series. Primakov will give an all-Chopin recital beginning at 7:30 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Westchester County Center will host the Westchester County Bridal Expo from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Visit countycenterbiz.com for more information.
- The New Rochelle Library’s latest exhibit “Wish You Were Here: The Postcards of New Rochelle” will open and run through the end of the month. The exhibit contains vintage postcards from the library’s historical collection. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Con Brio Ensemble will perform a chamber music concert at the Ossie Davis Theater in the New Rochelle Library from 3-4 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School (25 School Lane, Scarsdale) will host a pair of programs for music enthusiasts. There will be a “Double Reed Making Workshop” with faculty members proficient on the oboe and bassoon from 3- 5 p.m. Faculty members and recent alumni will also be featured in a roundtable discussion about the college selection process moderated by HBMS Dean Ruth Alperson. The discussion begins at 3:30 p.m. Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The Walkabout Clearwater Coffeehouse presents musical comedians Christine Lavin and Don White in a 7:30 performance at the Memorial United Methodist Church at 250 Bryant Avenue in White Plains. Visit walkaboutclearwater.org for more information.
- The Play Group Theatre will put on its production of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” at 8 p.m. and again Sunday at 2 p.m. at its studio at 1 North Broadway in White Plains. Visit playgroup.org for more information.
- The BSA Troop 15 Eagle Court of Honor will hold a noon induction ceremony at Iona College’s Arrigoni Center. Brian Anthony Blancato, Miles Jake Goldberg and Kevin Patrick Stewart will be honored. A luncheon will follow. Contact Brendan Clarke 914-738-8077 for more information.
- Saxophonist Alex McCabe will perform at Alvin & Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) from 7:30-11 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum on 895 Shore Road in Pelham Bay Park will host The Ensemble Menagerie as part of the Winter Chamber Music Series beginning at 4:30 p.m. This talented group of Julliard graduates will perform using period instruments. Visit bartowpellmansionmuseum.org for more information.
- Roderick Kennedy, the president of the Metropolitan Postcard Club, will host a discussion focusing on the evolution of picture postcards at the New Rochelle Library at 2 p.m. Visit nrpl.org for more information.
- The Hoff-Barthelson Music School will host pianist Eileen Buck at The Greenville Community Church (270 Ardsley Road, Scarsdale) in a 5 p.m. concert. Visit hbms.org for more information.
- The JCC of Mid-Westchester (999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale) will host the latest installment of its “Jews Around the World Series” at 2 p.m. This week’s discussion features South Africa. Visit jccmw.org for more information.
- Danceworks, Westchester Community College’s modern dance troupe, will give instruction on modern dance techniques. The presentation includes audience participation. Call 914-422-1476.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.