Dear friends and neighbors,
The holiday season is winding down and I know many of you are busy getting all your last-minute shopping done and making preparations to spend some time with family. There are plenty of places to shop for those last-minute gifts, a whole host of restaurants to enjoy and many ways to spend some fun, holiday time with the family right here in the 88th District.
So please, take advantage of everything the cities, towns and villages in the 88th District have to offer as we wind our way through the holiday season.
Here’s a closer look at some of the events that are taking place in the 88th. Have a good weekend and remember that if you have an event you’d like me to include in the coming weeks, send the information to Paulina@Assembly.State.NY.US. Happy holidays everyone.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center, at 11 City Place in White Plains, will present “Tarzan, The Stage Musical” based on the Disney film. Showtime is 7 p.m. There will also be shows on Saturday (2 p.m., 7 p.m.) and Sunday (2 p.m.). Visit wppac.com for more information.
- The White Plains Library will host a “Music Jam Session” for teens from 4-5 p.m. It will be held in the library’s Edge media lab. Visit whiteplainslibrary.org for more information.
- Chicago-based jazz singer Tammy McCann will perform at Alvin and Friends Restaurant (14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle) in the Roscoe Room at 7 p.m. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Westchester Ballet Company will present “The Nutcracker” at The County Center in White Plains at 10 a.m. There will also be performances on Saturday at 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. and again Sunday at 2 p.m. Visit countycenterbiz.com for more information.
- WinterFest continues in White Plains and will run through Sunday. Get all your holiday shopping done at the WinterFest Market, which will is located on Court Street between Martine Avenue and Main Street. The market will be open each day from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and admission is free. Visit cityofwhiteplains.com for more information.
- The Bronxville Women’s Club (135 Midland Avenue, Bronxville) will host a Christmas Cabaret from 7:30-10 p.m. Visit bronxvillewomensclub.org for more information.
- The Mobile Shredder will be coming to Bronxville from 10 a.m. -1 p.m. The shredder will be at Bronxville High School on Midland Avenue. Visit environment.westchestergov.com/mobile-shredder for more information on what can be shredded.
- ArtsWestchester (31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains) will present The Richard Sussman Ensemble Performing “The Evolution Suite”, a contemporary jazz show, at 8 p.m. Visit rcjbs.org/upcoming-events for more information.
- Jazmyn featuring Jim Farley and Inez Wilson will perform at Alvin and Friends Restaurant in New Rochelle beginning at 7:30 p.m. The jazz-funk-soul duo has played for the better part of the last decade in Las Vegas. Alvin and Friends will also host “Tango Night: Holiday Milonga and Tango Awards” at 7:30 p.m. in the Roscoe Room. Visit alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com for more information.
- The Kidtastic Club will host “The Kids Jingle Ball” at The Radisson Hotel (One Radisson Plaza, New Rochelle) from 3-6 p.m. There will be a snow dance competition, Santa giveaways and Christmas raffle bonanza in this charity event to raise money for disadvantaged children. Visit kidtasticclubs.com for more information.
- The St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site at 897 S. Columbus Avenue in Mount Vernon will host a holiday organ concert, featuring a performance by acclaimed artist Kathryn Jones, at 2 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Visit nps.gov.sapa for more information.
- Visit the First Baptist Church at 456 North Street in White Plains as young actors are invited to recreate the Nativity with live animals between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. A free community lunch will follow the bi-lingual pageant. Visit firstbaptistwhiteplains.org for more information.
- The Northeast Etsy Artists Association will host a Holiday Pop-Up Shop at the West Elm on 678 Post Road in Scarsdale from noon-4 p.m. Admission is free. More than a dozen artists are scheduled to be on hand to discuss their work and engage shoppers. Visit facebook.com/Northeast-Etsy-Artists-Association for more information.
For information about these and other events in our area, please visit http://www.burbio.com/lists/district-88-events.